How Gateway Church Leyton (“we”) use your information
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
Why do we collect and use your information?
We collect and use your information to contact you, to send you communications regarding church activities, to provide appropriate pastoral care and to fulfil our purposes as a church. We hold your data for varying lengths of time depending on the type of information in question. We will contact you periodically to check that the information we are holding is accurate.
The categories of information that we may collect, hold and share:
• Personal information (such as name, telephone number, address and email address)
Who do we share your information with?
Your contact details are part of the church address list which is shared with other church members. We will not share your information with third parties without your consent, unless the law requires us to do so.
Your rights under Data Protection legislation
• request access to your personal data
• ask for your information to be deleted
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
• prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
• have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance. You have a right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice or request access to information that we hold about you, please contact Ian Drake